It can be both mentally and physically exhausting to go back to work and juggle being a full-time parent at the same time. On top of that there may be feelings of guilt and separation anxiety about leaving your child in the care of others. Here are some tips to help keep you and your partner sane:
- Try to be considerate of each other whenever as its always better to pull together rather than against each other. Little gestures like running a bath or cooking dinner can go a long way.
- Be consistent with your little one so they do not play mummy and daddy off against each other.
- It is worth – if you can – to try and have a regular ‘date night’ once a month. Just so that you can remember what it was like to be a couple again!
- It is a juggling act but try to schedule in family time, ‘me’ time and family time when you can.
- You and your partner may have feelings of guilt about leaving your child in childcare so try to reassure each other if you are anxious in the first few months after returning to work.